Frequently asked questions
What is the role of a Books and Gifts Direct franchisee?
As a franchise owner, it’s your job to get our sample boxes into as many workplaces as possible. Then, each fortnight, deliver orders from the last two weeks, and put a new box on display.
This means you’ll be required to regularly visit a number of workplaces in an exclusive geographical area. You’ll leave a sample box in an agreed spot (e.g. the reception desk or lunch-room), and fill the box with sample products and relevant order forms. Two weeks later, you’ll return and fill any orders, collect payment, and replenish the sample box with a new selection of products.
You must have your own vehicle, and a safe dry area to keep a small stock of our books and related products.
Why Books and Gifts Direct?
If you are looking for the freedom and lifestyle from owning your own business, Books & Gifts Direct offers their franchisees:
- Easy-to-sell quality products
- Proven sales model
- No ongoing royalty
- Solid financial returns
- Affordable investment
- Stock on consignment
- Exceptional business support
What experience do I need?
You should be motivated, hardworking, driven and customer focused! A positive attitude, self-belief and determination to succeed are more important than experience or qualifications and previous experience is not necessary.
Is Books and Gifts Direct a family-friendly business?
Yes! A lot of our franchisees actually work with their partners or family members. Although the work required is not part time, franchisees create a flexible schedule, which enables them to be able to focus on family as well as work. We believe in work-life balance and the key to our success is happy franchisees.
Tell me more about the products.
The products we sell are up to 70% off recommended retail price. We know the book and gift market and we handpick all of our products. So the things you’re selling are things customers actually want to buy. Only they’re cheaper than they’ll find them elsewhere. Plus your customers can touch, feel and even smell the products, before ordering. And they get the purchases delivered for free, complete with a money-back guarantee! In other words, once you get a box within a workplace, the products generally sell themselves.
What are the start-up costs to purchase a franchise?
The costs of becoming a Books & Gifts Direct franchisee vary from state to state, but it’s very affordable. All territories require a low start-up franchise fee, a van and a storage area.
Is an ongoing royalty fee payable to Books & Gifts Direct?
No. Most other franchised companies work like that, but we don’t. When you own a Books & Gifts Direct franchise, you don’t pay an ongoing royalty or management fee, and all stock is supplied on a consignment basis.
What is my earning potential?
Your earning potential depends on three things: the demographics of your territory, your work ethic and your chosen customers. You’ll get all the necessary tools and guidance you need to build your business and maximise your earnings potential. You’ll determine your earnings!
What training and support will I receive?
Our experienced master franchise team will mentor you with training and ongoing support, and with your hard work and the established systems in place you will maximise your earning potential.
We are always investing in the latest technology to make your life easier. Some of our state-of-the-art technology includes a Central Management System, which allows our franchisees to get access to our point of sale Field Unit Device that operates from their Android mobile phone to process sales and manage stock. We are building an App that will also support your customers and make sales easier for you.
Being a part of the network also means you’ll get to attend our International Conference. This is an opportunity to network with your fellow franchisees, hear from head office, attend workshops and share your success stories.
I’m interested. What are the next steps?
- Study us! Read our Information Packet.
- Submit your details online via “Apply Now”.
- Initial phone discussion. We will contact you, generally within 72 hours.
- Interview. We want to learn more about you and you to learn about us.
- On the road. Assuming you’re the right fit a discovery day is scheduled with a local franchisee. You’ll tour existing client workplaces and get an overview of operational procedures.
- Checks and balances. We will review all of your credentials.
- Approval. Once your application has final approval, the franchising procedures start. Confirming finance, agreeing on franchise territory, issuing of disclosure and franchise agreements, scheduling settlement, and so on.
- Training. You then take part in the training program, where you’ll learn all about working with your current workplaces, winning new clients, managing clients, product drops, stock control and territory reports
- It’s official... You’re a Books & Gifts Direct Franchisee!
- Ongoing training and support. Our master franchisees are always here to help you improve the performance of your business.